Translating fundamental research and novel ideas to real applications is necessary for them to provide value to the business and the industry. Simulations and Proof-of-Concepts is only part of that. Getting them to real products and services is what gives the highest value. Examples of those in the current mobile networks landscape include novel spectrum sharing schemes, dynamic spectrum access, virtualization of radio access networks, etc.
RIMEDO Labs, as a university spin-off with strong research background and having team members with experience in commercial products, provides a unique value proposal serving as a bridge between science and business.
Besides serving as a software development consultancy to simulate and implement the novel wireless features and systems, we offer our expertise as part of consortiums for EU and National funded projects (like Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe, NCBR, etc.). Rimedo Labs can take part in those projects as a leader, partner, or subcontractor.
Example projects, in which our team members took part include:
5G STAR – Advanced methods and techniques for identification and counteracting cyber-attacks on 5G access networks and applications;
COHERENT – Coordinated control and spectrum management for 5G heterogeneous radio access networks – EU H2020;
5GNOW – 5th Generation Non-Orthogonal Waveforms for Asynchronous Signalling – EU FP7;
SOLDER – Spectrum OverLay through the aggregation of heterogeneous DispERsed Bands – EU FP7;
NEWCOM# – Network of Excellence in Wireless Communication – EU FP7;
ACROPOLIS – Advanced coexistence technologies for radio optimization in licenced and unlicensed spectrum – EU FP7;
COGEU – Cognitive radio systems for efficient sharing of TV white spaces in the European context – EU FP7;
NEWCOM++ – Network of Excellence in Wireless Communication – EU FP7.
The areas of our specialization cover:
- Wireless systems: LTE, LTE-Advanced, LTE-Advanced Pro, 5G, 6G, IoT, Wi-Fi
- Spectrum sharing, Spectrum management, Radio Resource Management
- AI for wireless systems
- Virtual radio networks, O-RAN
- Private and Enterprise Mobile Networks
- Prototyping, simulation, demonstrator and PoC building
As a spinoff from Poznan University of Technology we aim at translating the fundamental research onto applied science and commercialize the ideas coming from scientific background.
- our team members have strong industry experience gathered when working for R&D departments of equipment manufacturers
- active participation of the team members in 30+ national and global research projects in the radiocommunication area
- most of the technical staff has minimum Ph.D. degree
- as a university spin-off we have access to specialized measurement and research tools
- experienced scientific and research staff